Have you ever searched for your own business on the Internet? Have you ever wondered why you have to scroll through several other related businesses to find yours?
Search engines, such as Google, use a variety of factors to determine what you are looking for, which companies to list and the order in which to list them. One of those factors is citations.
The more citations a business has the higher it will rank in an Internet search. The higher the ranking the further up it is in the list of prospective results.
So, what exactly is a citation? A citation or Business Directory Listing is a reference to your local business.
This reference includes all of your business details such as name, address, phone, description, website, keywords, hours of operations, payment methods,
logo and images with links to your website that results in higher search engine rankings locally.
You don’t have to understand complicated algorithms or how search engines rank pages. CitationBuildingGroup.com will do all of the work for you.
Search engines, such as Google, love Business Directory Listing well most of them anyways.
The credibility of a citations source is directly related to how favorable a citation is to Google.
Citations that come from less than reputable sources can have a negative impact on how Google ranks a business.
However, citations that come from reputable sources verify the reliability that the business does exist and therefore they have a positive impact on how Google ranks a business in a local search.
The more credible citations a business has the higher the business will rank in a local search.
Credible citations can come from many different places. While the quickest way to get many high quality citations is to hire a local business listings submissions service to enter your business’ information to online business directories, there are ways that you can create high quality citations yourself.
First, you should create a Google Places listing for your business. This is a great example of an online business directory submission. Your Business Directory Listing on Google is what will be seen in Local search results. A further benefit is that Google tends to favor those business that have a local profile over those who do not. Yahoo Local and Bing Local are another two good Local listing profiles that you should have for your business. Like Google, both Yahoo and Bing offer specific Local searches.
Are you a member of your local Chamber of Commerce or Better Business Bureau? If so, look at their website and ensure that your business information is displayed correctly. If it isn’t, take the time required to contact them and have it corrected. Why? Google, like other search engines, loves the credibility of such websites. If your business is a member then it has to be legitimate.
Social media sites, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are great sources of citations as well. Having your own page and being shared increases your credible citations.
Good citations may just happen, but great credible citations- those that the search engines are looking for when ranking your business- are the result of organization and planning.
Importance of Business Directory Listing
- Local listings can appear on the 1st page of Local Google search results, so this is a great way to get you listed right at the top.
- Local search advertising specifically targets local consumers ready to buy a certain product or service.
- A higher percentage of these customers will purchase once they’ve found the locations where they can do business near them.
- Unlimited free traffic will be driven to your website, merely by listing your business locally.
- Local listings are also more likely to give you qualified leads, since people from your geographical area will be directed to you.
- These listings help you feature prominently, beating your competition to the top slot.
- Local listings enhance your visibility on major Local search results.
- Local listings are a great way to promote discounts and special offers.
- We compare the features offered by the individual directories and choose the best directories for your business.
- We then submit your unique business information to all the top directories.
- We will claim existing listings and correct any inconsistencies.
- We provide a detailed report that includes directories, the listing URLs, login information, statuses and any issues that arose while submitting your business listings.
- Within 10 days, you will receive update with live links and waiting for approval listings.